SSC CGL Notification
SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 and Tire 2 Exam Notification will be available in march 2020. In the Notification, SSC will provide the detail of the SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Application Form. After the notification, you will be able to fill the application form of the SSC CGL up to the last date. The Tier 1 examination of the SSC CGL will be conducted in March 2020 and the Tier 2 examination of SSC CGL will be held in the month of the June 2020. This year SSC is going to open the vacancies for the different post like Inspector, Assistant, Sub Inspector, Tax Assistant, Auditor, and many more other government jobs in different department and ministry of the government of India.
SSC CGL Application Form 2020
SSC has already added the CGL exam in its SSC calendar 2020. It will now release the notification for the SSC CGL 2020 very soon. Candidates who are interested to participate in CGL examination can fill the online application form when it is available. Every year SSC conducts the CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Exam in order to select the candidate for the various post in Ministry and Department of the Government of India. So all the candidates who want to do government job can find below the application form details of SSC CGL 2020, Eligibility criteria, age limit, and date of Tier 1 and & 2 Exam.
SSC CGL Important Dates
The important dates of the SSC CGL 2020 for Tier 1 & 2 Exam are given below:
|Online application start||15-09-2020|
|Last date to apply for SSC CGL||15-10-2020|
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
SSC conduct the CGL exam for various post. The eligibility criteria for the different post is also different. But following is the key point for the for the minimum eligibility criteria for the SSC exam.
The age limit of the candidate according to a different post in Indian department and Ministry are given below
|S.No.||Post Name||Age Limit|
|1.||Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 years|
|Up to 32 Years|
|3.||Assistant in IB||21 – 30 years|
|4.||SI in Central Bureau|
|20 – 30 years|
Officer / SI in CBI / SI
|Up – 30 years|
|6.||All Other posts||18 – 27 years|
However, there is relaxation in age for the candidates belonging to the different cast according to the constitution of India
|PH + OBC||13 Years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 Years|
Since SSC conduct the CGL examination for the different post, the educational qualifications needed for the different post are also different. Candidates will be eligible for the department and Ministry post of the India government according to their education qualification. In the below table, following is the education qualification criteria for the different post
|Post Name||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Chartered Accountant / Management Accountant / Company Secretary / Masters in Commerce / Masters in Business Studies / Masters in Business Administration (Finance) / Masters in Business Economics.|
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II||Bachelor Degree in Statistics from a recognized University / Bachelor Degree in Mathematics with statistics / Bachelor Degree in Economics with statistics / Bachelor Degree in Commerce with Statistics|
|Compiler||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics / Statistics / Mathematics as compulsory / Elective Subject|
|All Other Posts||Any Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University/equivalent|
The candidate should have the India National Citizenship.
SSC CGL Salary
Every year SSC recruit the candidate to fill out the different vacant post in different department and Ministry of the India government. SSC give the most promising government job to the candidate every year. Following are the post for which SSC recruit the candidate throughout the country from the CGL Exam:
|Post Name||Department /Grade Pay|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics|
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG|
|Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation|
|Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC|
|Inspector (Preventive officer)||CBEC|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics &Prog. Implementation|
SSC conduct the CGL exam in four phases. The name of the four phases is Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. You need to pass the one tier in order to go to the next tier.The candidate who performed well in all the tier will be selected by the SSC for the Government Job.
About Tier 1 Exam of SSC CGL
- This is the first phase of the SSC exam.This phase is based on the MCQ type question.
- This will be a computer based online test.
- There will be 4 section in Tier 1.
- The subject of the SSC CGL tier 1 section is General intelligence & reasoning, General Awareness/GK, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension.
- There will be 100 question in this paper and every question will carry 2 marks. So total marks of this phase are 200.
- The time duration of this phase will be 75 minutes.
- There will be negative marking in this phase. Every wrong answer will deduct 0.50 marks.
About Tier 2 Exam of SSC CGL
- The candidates who passed in Tier 1 are only allowed to appear in the Tier 2 exam.
- This is again based on the MCQ question through online mode.
- There will be also 4 section in this paper.
- The name of the section is the Quantitative ability (Paper I), English language & Comprehension (Paper II), Statistics (Paper III) & General studies (Paper IV Finance & Economics).
- Every section will carry 200 marks.
- The time duration will be 120 minutes.
- There will be negative marking in this phase.
About Tier 3 Exam of SSC CGL
- The tier 3 of the SSC CGL exam is used to check the writing skill of the candidate.
- In this section, you need to write the essay in 250 words and an application in 150 words.
- Unlike tier 1 and tier which was online mode exam, the tier 3 exam will be in offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based examination.
About Tier 4 Exam of SSC CGL:
- Tier 4 is only Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).The DEST is standing for Data Entry Skill Test while DEST is for Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). In this phase, your typing speed on MS word and spreadsheet skill will be tested. You need to type the paragraph in this phase.
- The marks of the previous tier will be added in this phase but if you are not able to pass this tier 4 then you will be disqualified.
- We suggest you practice on your home computer for this phase.
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2020
Candidate can apply for the SSC CGL exam via online mode. You can follow the below step in order to fill the SSC CGL application form before the last
- Visit the official website of the SSC from this link – ssc.nic.in
- Click on the “Notice” Section and read official notification carefully with title NOTICE – COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL EXAMINATION, 2017 (TIER-I)
- After reading the instruction now go to the main page again and click on the apply section.
- Now open the CHL online application.
- This application is in two parts Part 1 and Part 2
- In part 1 of CGL form, you have to fill your basic information and the preferences of your post in various department, Governmentmant Ministry of India.
- In part 2 of CGL form, You will have to fill pay the application fee details, and you need to upload your scanned passport size photo and the picture.The size of the photo should be within 4kb-12kb within 100*120 pixels and the size of the signature should be within 12kb-1kb and resolution 140*60 pixels.
- Now Review your whole application form and click on the submit the application form.
- Take a print out of your application form for the future reference.
SSC CGL 2020 Application Fee
You need to pay the SSC CGL application fee according to your category
|General / OBC||Rs. 100/-|
|SC / ST / PH / Ex-Service Man||No Fee|
How to pay the SSC CGL Application Fee
Candidate can pay the application fee through the Online mode by Credit / Debit card or by SBI net banking. Candidate can also pay the application fee by Challan. After complete the Part 1 of the registration you need to take a copy of the Challan and pay the application fee at SBI bank in hard cash.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2020
Those candidates who have successfully applied for the SSC CGL 2020 application form will get the admit card of the CGL Tier 1 2020. You will be able to download the admit card for the Tier 1 in May 2020. The SSC admit card will be released according to region wise on different dates. So you can download the Tier 1 admit card according to your region.
That candidate who passed the tier 1 of the SSC will get the admit card of the SSC Tier 2 in the month of the September.
How to download the SSC CGL admit card
- Candidate need to go to the official website of the SSC
- Click on the admit card section
- Now click on your Region to download your admit card.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Your admit card will be downloaded and take a print copy of it.
SSC CGL Result 2020
SSC CGL 2020 result for the Tier 1 will be released in May 2020. You can see your Tier 1 of the SSC CGL exam from the SSC official website. Click on the Result Section of from the official website of the SSC. Now click on the SSC CGL Tier 1 result. A list of selected Student will be open along with the Rank and Marks.
The result of the SSC Tier 1 is very important. Only those candidate who passed in the tier will go to the Tier 2. And final result or selection will be based on the candidate performance in Tier 1 as well as in Tier 2 exam.
SSC CGL Cut Off
SSC CGL 2020 cut off will be released after the Tier 1 exam result. However, those candidate preparing for the Tier 1 exam of the SSC CGL can find cut off 2017 from the information given below
SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Cut-Off
List-I Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-IV (General Studies (Finance & Accounts) and Tier-III
|Category||Previous Cut Off||Revised Cut Off|
List-II Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III (Statistics)) and Tier-III
|Category||Previous Cut Off||Revised Cut Off|
Only candidates who had applied/possess EQ for the post of J.S.O. have been considered for Paper-III.
List – III Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I and Paper-II) and Tier-III
|Category||Previous Cut Off||Revised Cut Off|
On the basis of CGL(Tier-I) Exam, 2017, number of candidates provisionally qualified for Tier-II and Tier-III are
- Tier-II (Paper-I and II) and Tier-III 1,89,838 (Total candidates)
- Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III) and Tier-III 14,515 (Only for post of JSO)
- Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-IV) and Tier-III 21,946 (Only for posts of AAO)